Transportation is available for residents of the Municipality of Rossburn, especially those who are mobility disadvantaged. This service is funded by The Province of Manitoba, Rossburn Municipality, as well as being subsidized by user fees.
Handi Van services are available 7 days a week, from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
If you require this service, please call (204)859-0300, 7 days a week, between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm, or leave a message on the answering machine including your name and number.
1. Medical Appointment
4. Personal Business
Rossburn Handi Van offers:
- Door-to-door service
- Assistance, if necessary to enter and exit the bus
- Transportation within town limits
- Transportation to medical appointments, funerals, or other personal business
- Transportation outside of town limits may be arranged. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance and are subject to availability
- Transportation outside of standard operating hours (8:00am-5:00pm) may be arranged. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance and are subject to the availability of the drivers
Rossburn Handi Van does NOT provide:
- Assistance into your house beyond the main entrance of the building
- Service to people who do not currently reside in the Municipality of Rossburn
Rates and Payment
Payment is required at the time of your trip. You may use cash, cheque, or use a Handi Van Trip Card. Trip Cards are $60.00 each and are valid for 5 round trips + 1 trip free within town limits. You can purchase Trip Cards by calling (204)859-0300.
Within Town Limits
All trips are $12.00 per person (round trip) OR $6.00 (one way)
Beyond Town Limits
Trips are $0.55 per km PLUS $12.00 per person
Beyond Business Hours (earlier than 8:00am or later than 5:00pm)
An overtime charge of $12.00 per hour will apply on top of regular service fees
Responsibilities of Passengers:
- If you have scheduled a ride, you must be waiting at the door/outside of the building you are being picked up from
- Call (204)859-0300 if the Handi Van has not arrived within 15 minutes of your scheduled pickup time
- Call (204)859-0300 as soon as possible if you must cancel your trip.
- You MUST always wear a seatbelt while on the Handi Van. If you are unable to do so for medical reasons you must have a certificate saying so
- Exact fare is required unless prior arrangements have been made
Tax deductible donations are gratefully accepted and can be dropped off at the Municipal Office. Please make cheques payable to "Rossburn Municipality".